Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Do you have your Christmas list all made out? Have you already added a couple of holiday pounds? Are you children snuggled in bed with visions of sugar plums... well you get the idea. This year has really seemed to just pick up speed for myself and seemingly everyone one I have spoken with over the past couple of weeks. Don't you wish that we could just put on the breaks and bring life,occasionally, to a screeching halt. A chance to stop and figure out what you are forgetting, who you are forgetting, and what you wish you could forget? Let this just be a gentle reminder not to forget whose birthday it is that we are celebrating. Don't forget to put Jesus on your list. How do you put Jesus on your list? The last time I checked there are hundreds of ways. Jesus said, if you give a drink of cold water in my name you give it to me. If you visit the sick you are visiting me. So do you know anyone a bit less fortunate than yourself? Do you know anyone who won't be having much of a Christmas this year, by making someone like this the recipient of a blessing you are giving Jesus exactly what He wants for Christmas this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment